Cisco Unified Intelligence Center (CUIC) has become the standard reporting application for all Cisco Contact Center software. Its roots were built into the Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) application but Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) has recently moved to CUIC as its reporting utility.
The current training classes for CUIC are built around the UCCE environment. A very reasonable question to ask would be “Will I still get anything out of the CUIC class if my environment is UCCX?” The answer is yes!
Even though both UCCX and UCCE go about building a Contact Center around business roles differently, ultimately all that data is saved into a database. The report templates between the two products are different. How we run the reports as well as modify the reports is the same. That is why the current CUIC classes will still inform the student about both environments.
What Class To Take
To decide what class is appropriate, it really comes down to what do you plan on doing with this reporting application. At a high level this application can be used three different ways:
- If you only need to see the data of a report and do not plan to modify how that data is presented, then you probably do not need either of the courses. How you can get that data would be to talk to either someone within your company that has taken the training or a technology partner to produce what are called a “permalink”. This is like a URL that you only need to click to display the report.
- If you want to run reports and modify the stock reports then the Cisco Unified Intelligence Center 11.6 for End Users (CUIC11.6EU) class would be the one that will satisfy those needs. Click the link above and read the course description to discover that a great deal of content is covered about how to run and modify the stock reports.
- If you need to do everything in the previous step as well as having the ability to get non-stock information out of the database and into a report then the Cisco Unified Intelligence Center 11.6 for Advanced Users (CUIC11.6AU) is the best class to take. When you read this course description, it describes the first two days which contains the End User class discussed under item number two. Day three begins the Advanced User deeper dive. Not only will you learn how to extract non-stock data from the database, but you also learn how to administer and maintain the CUIC application.
If You Are A Technology Partner
As a technology partner needing a depth of knowledge to advise your customer as well as build a working solution, then you should think about the Advanced User class. It not only covers the basic tasks of running reports, but it goes into all the modifications of stock reports and the deep dive necessary to access nonstock data from the database. This class will also cover what it takes to install, administer and maintain the solution.
If You Are A Customer
As a customer, your role will have a heavy influence. If your future is destined to be:
- The company head reporting resource then the Advanced User class makes the most sense. This could include a Train-The-Trainer dynamic.
- If you are part of a Contact Center Reporting Team making all custom modifications on behalf of others, then the Advanced User class makes the most sense.
- If your primary mission is to only run a few reports regularly and to occasionally modify them, then the End User class makes the most sense. With the knowledge gained from this class, you will still be able to change the look and feel as well as thresholds and filtering criteria. An example could be a supervisor in any given Contact Center.